Wednesday, February 6, 2008

St. George Was Awesome

St. George slew a dragon. I would like to slay dragons someday. In fact, I would like to do anything worthwhile.

I'm graduating from college in less than five months. I have no certain future; never have, never will. But, it is at this milestone - that is, graduation - that I have developed a rather high level of frustration targeted at such uncertainty.

This is not to say I don't have goals or aspirations. In fact, it is the exact opposite; I have many. There are so many things I would like to do and accomplish in life. And, right now, I just feel like I'm wasting time. So many of my current responsibilities and obligations I would not count as necessarily important to my future.

There are so many dragons to slay, and I am but one man. But, regardless, I will take up my shield - my lance, my sword. And I will slay the dragons and all their underlings that come before them. Then, I will stuff them and sell them as novelties in head shops.

3 comments:

brobbins said...

promising future in novelty dragon head sales. you should put them on sticks.

Anonymous said...

Disturb us, Lord, when
We are too pleased with ourselves,
When our dreams have come true
Because we dreamed too little,
When we arrived safely
Because we sailed too close to the shore.

Disturb us, Lord, to dare more boldly,
To venture on wilder seas
Where storms will show Your mastery;
Where losing sight of land,
We shall find the stars.

We ask you to push back
The horizons of our hopes;
And to push back the future
In strength, courage, hope, and love.
-Sir Francis Drake

AL

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.