Monday, March 3, 2008

If only I could tell you how much good a beautiful day can do for my soul...


I guess I'm making an attempt right now, though that was not my intention. My intention, in fact, was to show you the sheer impossibility of such communication. This really is the Crux of Contradiction.

On another slightly more cohesive note, I've decided to make this site an outlet of completely serious writing. No accounts of my day or airing of my latest grievance (current: people that don't use turn signals): just straight talk. Don't look for any pun-making or wit here, because you won't find it. This is a no-pun zone. Oh, add irony to that list. I don't want to leave irony out of the exclusion list.

But in all seriousness, people take themselves too seriously. I take myself too seriously. More than likely, you take yourself too seriously. I'm trying to find my balance.

Back to the beginning; these past two days have been beautiful, and it is supposed to snow tonight. All this to say, sometimes it is incredibly hard to find a balance. It is undeniably easy to go to extremes (e.g. a high of 75 Sunday, a low of 13 Monday). The result is quite a conundrum that must be solved, but...

...but this weekend was beautiful, and...

...and beauty (in all its shapes, sizes, and sounds) is wonderful for the soul.

2 comments:

Chris said...

I bet you wrote this at my house.

alicia said...

Found your blog and just wanted to say...if you're looking for a place with minimal malls, mega churches and liberal leanings, try portland oregon. Its my hometown and one of the most livable cities in the world. take care and good luck!

alicia